Sunday, November 23, 2008

I m gonna miss those days.....

I begin this post by congratulaing my dearest friend and my wonderful room mate at MDI, Vineet and another dear friend from Jamia, Shiti on their marriage and wish them a very successful and a happy married life ahead. I must admit, it was a great experience sharing the room with you buddy, moments that I will never forget....you getting up in the morning (I used to wake you always) and logging on to orkut, pagalguy, gmail and various other sites and discussion forums even before your eyes were fully open (who on earth does that but Vineet)....always the one doing the laundry (thanks to Vineet, I never did that even once during the two years)....handling the IT infrastructure of every room in the hostel ( I won't mention which part of the hostel though)..endless hours of talking on phone and chat ( and always distrubing my sleep :P, see am a good roomie, never told you that :) )....many hours of bakar session, countless movies, night outs and eating out. Over and above all this, you have been a great friend as well, one of those few with whom I now share an ultimate level of comfort when it comes to sharing or saying anything. So, once again wishing both Shiti and Vineet a rocking life ahead.

Besides being Vineet's marriage, it also turned out to be a perfect alumni meet with atleast 14-15 people from my batch turning up for the wedding and it was as usual back to the regular dance sessions and endless bakar. It was truly great to go back to those times, remember the things we used to do and shout at the top of our voices, " MDI Rocks" and ofcourse "Chakka Wing rocks" as well. Sometimes you wonder how quickly the time flies, its been almost two years now since we passed out and none of us seem to realize it when we met. Its only at times like these when you sit in isolation and write such posts that you realize that the time has moved ahead at its own pace and so have you. But I always want to go back to those times and relive them again and again, some of the life's most cherished moments I have spent in that campus, moments which will always remain with me and remind me that among maybe a thousand of aspirants and equally desrving people, I was one of the lucky ones to have expereinced those moments. Thanks MDI and thanks to all my friends and teachers who have made those times worth remembering.

" kab milenge na jaane hum yaaroon fir se sabhi
laut kar ab na aayenge wo masti bhari din kabhi
khud ye apna kahe ki ae doston....
I am really gonna this place....
I am gonna miss my college days!!!

Yaad hai wo saare lectures...humne jo bunk kiye the
proxy ka pakde jaan, lafde kya kam kiye the...
milke likhna wo journals aur submissions last minute pe
exams ki wo taiyari, aur likhna wo teen ghante..aur bahar aake wo kehna...
Saala kya bekaar paper set kiya tha

Milta first class kabhi yahan to lagti thi KT kabhi...
laut kar ab na aayenge wo masti bhare din kabhi
O dil ye apna kahe ki ae doston...
I am really gonna miss this place
I am gonna miss my college days

Yaad aayenge teachers, humko dil se hamesha
Yaad aayega ye campus aur iski apni duniya
aur yaad aayega hamesha ye aashiyan
I am really gonna this place..
I am gonna miss my college days..."

My i-pod was just playing this song, liked it so much that wrote it all here...njoi

Miss You MDI!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oyeee.. Rohitee... tune to nostalgic kar diya yaar!!