Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Day will come

Last week I had visited an institution named Maharaj Surajmal College of Education for a meeting with the Head of the department. As I finished telling him about our initiative, he appeared interested and asked me to meet the Director of the institution because it would be he who would ultimately give the final consent.

Upon requesting the receptionist to set up a meeting, she in turn asked me to meet some administrative officer Mr.Chopra. He was already in a meeting with someone and so I had to wait for about half n hour to enter into his cubicle. As I was introducing myself, he told me that his students are far too much busy in their studies and therefore have no time for such things. I tried to reason him out on this but he got slightly disturbed and told me that he has been doing a lot of things around for the environment. I asked him to tell me two positive things that he might have done in the last ten years for the environment which would also inspire me to do the same and protect our planet. Upon hearing this he came down heavily on me. And obviously so, because he had no answers to what I asked him. We got into some arguments and ultimately I had to leave but not before I said a big Thank You to him.

The reason I must thank that gentleman are twofold. First, it makes me a lot more determined in my fight against this change of mindset which I had also mentioned in my last post. If we at i-dream can do things to influence such tough nuts, it will be a real victory for us. Secondly, I feel that Mr.Chopra in his capacity as an administrative officer had absolutely no right to talk to me like that and misbehave. I guess just because I am nobody right now, did he dare to talk to me like that. I do understand that these are the challenges which would come along in this entrepreneurial journey, but then it is these challenges which make me a lot more convinced that we need to do something so good and so big that these very people stand up as we enter their rooms. As the title says, hopefully one day that Day will come. Till then, its Thanks You to Mr. Chopra.

My i-pod simply loves Shahrukh Khan, the king of romance and just can't get over the latest hit, " khudaya khair...khudya khair" from Billu without the barber. Enjoy!

No comments: