Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A start

As mentioned in my earlier post, today was supposed to be my first professional workshop. Going by what happened yesterday, I was just keeping my fingers crossed and sincerely wishing that the day long workshop would actually happen. Yesterday, I had given a call to the principal of the institute reminding her of the workshop to which she replied that she has completely forgotten about it and she just can't seem to remember who I was. Imagine, how one would feel by getting such a shock. But gladly it was like a Zor ka Jhatka dheere se lage types as the principal did agree and asked me to come over.

I reached well before time and set up everything. And then the first batch arrived, about a 50 odd students, one round of introduction and then began the workshop and I started speaking. One workshop happened and then the second, a lunch break, the third and then the fourth one. By the time, all the workshops ended, I had already realized that this is it, this is exactly what I would loved to do and got greatly convinced not only about the workshop which I had designed but also on the purpose behind it. I sincerely hope that a large number of students would have got a little more enlightened by listening to me today but practically even if 10 out of those students would go on to do something about global warming or pollution, I would consider myself extremely satisfied. I forgot to mention though that all the 4 sessions went well and were very well received by the students as well as the teachers present.

Even Harsh from Sarthak Prayas was present to see one of the sessions and am glad that he too liked it. In fact today only we came to know that an NGO mela is being organized in the school for which now even we are participating. This would not only give us a good exposure but also help us get some volunteers.

So, at it stands now, the revenue figure of "i-dream" stands at Rs. 1050. The figure is not important, what is important is the satisfaction that I had at the end.

My i-pod is happy as well and it is going Rock On! after a long time.
"Socha hai ya tumne kya kabhi
Socha hai ki hain kya sabhi
Socha nahin to Socho abhi"
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Rohiteeee!!!

Teri pehli independent kamaai!!!

Lage Raho!