Sunday, June 12, 2011

The biggest Journey of my life - Day 1

Yesterday while I was speaking to her and with one emotion leading to the another, she softly told me, "I wish we were together in this moment". Bas fir kya tha, usi moment decide kar liya ki ab to milna banta hai.

Day 1: 12:00 PM

The total distance between Delhi and my destination is approximately 1532 Kms. I had looked at flights yesterday- too expensive. Train tickets at such a short interval - just not possible. And so began the longest road journey of my life.

My first destination was Agra (on NH-2) - The land of Taj Mahal. I took the Mudrika bus service from Wazirpar (about 2 Kms from my home) and got down near Ashram. From Ashram, I took the State Roadways Bus and made myself comfortable at the window seat. I must tell you, it was extremely hot. As the bus engines rolled, a sudden realization happened - I was ACTUALLY on my way to meet her. This has to go down as the craziest thing I have ever done in my life so far. I was excited, a bit nervous but all SMILES.




" My State Roadways Bus"

Agra is close to 200 Kms from Delhi. Highway is good on most parts and it took me close to 5 hours to reach my destination with a 30 min break in between for lunch. Yummy paranthas on the highway along with daal makhani are always recommended. I reached Agra by about 6:30 in the evening and headed straight to my friend's place, Abhishek who just managed to be in Agra at that time. Thanks to him, I got to stay at his place and saved on a lot of cash. Next morning I plan to visit Taj Mahal and then head towards Gwalior - my next destination.

Dear Pooja:
Jab tumse pehli baar mila tha, tab aisa bilkul nahin socha tha ki ek din main aisa bhi kuch kar sakta hun. It has been close to 6 months that I have known you and in all these times, all you have done is come closer to me and unconsciously become an important part of my life.

7 din ho gaye hain tumko gaye aur roz apne aap se yahi sawaal karta hun ki, " pooja waapas kab aayegi". Tum aao ya na aao, main aa raha hun.

What I am doing today, is just for you.

As I sign out for the day, I dedicate this song to you as my i-pod sings out loud, " Na aaye ho...na aaoge..na phone pe bulaoge...na shaam ki karari chai labon se yun churaoge....gaye tum gaye ho kyun, raat baaki hai...gaye tum gaye ho kyun, saath baaki hai....gaye, tum gaye hum tham gaye, har baat baaki hai". Good Night

No comments: