Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 5

192 Kms on the National Highway No. 7 is all it would take me to reach my next destination - the city of Oranges, Nagpur. After covering more than 300 Kms a day earlier, I was dead tired to undertake another early morning journey. And so, I decided to take it a little easy today. I had to reach to her by Saturday, so I had enough time on my hands.

I woke up by 8AM, lazed around for a while, took a decent breakfast with an aloo parantha and then once again went back to sleep. Two hours later, I woke up to a partly cloudy sky, pleasant winds and a phone call from her. I was so close and yet it seemed so far. After the call, I decided to get ready and head towards my next destination. In this weather, I wanted to be closer to her and feel her. So, I packed my bags and took the first bus out of the city. Good weather for the first time during the trip helped cut though the journey easily.

On NH-7, it took us around 4 hours with one lunch break in between to reach Nagpur. I reached the city by about 4PM in the evening. Not many people might know it but a little wikipedia search tells me that Nagpur lies precisely at the center of the country with the ZERO MILE marker indicating the center of the country. This trip has not been much about seeing the places but about enjoying the journey of getting closer to her. As for seeing the places, I will reserve that for the next trip. Upon reaching the city, I checked into a lodge and then started waiting for her to come back from work so that I could speak to her. This time from 7PM in the evening till the time I sleep is soon beginning to become the most awaited and needless to say the best time of the day. Infact it already has become the best.

Dear Pooja:
Aaj bus mein main 65 year old ek couple se mila. Unki shaadi tab hui thi jab wo 25 saal ke the. Aur pichle 40 saalon se wo saath mein hain. Seeing them , all I could wish for us is to be together for another 50, 60, 70 years. It might be strange to say this, but I have a feeling and a very strong belief that this would be just a left hand's play for both of us. I trust you completely not just with your life but mine as well.

Tomorrow is another long day and tonight is a long wait. But I shall and I always would. My ipod says, " Everything I do, I do it for you.......", it appears a lot more meaningful today. Good Night!

No comments: