Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 3

The day was supposed to begin early and it did as well when I woke up at 6:00 AM to wake her up. However, little did I realize that even though she would wake me up by 7:15AM, I was sleepy enough or may be tired enough from last night to still get late. Finally, I managed to wake up by 8:00AM to an extremely hot morning.

I am in Gwalior today and the plan was pretty laid-back. Moreover, the heat was taking a heavy toll on me and I wanted to save my energy for the longest part of my journey which begins tomorrow. So, I remained indoors most part of the day and spent the precious moments alone reflecting on the last few months that have gone by.

Dear Pooja: Soch raha tha ki is samay kya kar rahi hogi. Waise tumko batana chahta hun ki bahut khush hun main ki tumko wo karne ko mil raha hai jo tum karna chahti ho. Ultimately what I have realized is that a smile on your face has began to define my state of happiness as well. May be I am being selfish but seeing you happy is what I would always want to achieve in my life. I just hope and pray that I am able to do that. Agar kabhi na kar paon to meri koshish ko hamesha dhyaan mein rakhna.

After having a good lunch, I decided to head towards my next destination i.e. Jhansi. I have never been to this city but I still love it. And my reason for fascination is Rani Lakshmi Bai. I love history and she has been one of my favorite characters from India's Independence struggle. The courage that she stands for and her love towards her country and her people - I feel nothing can get bigger than this. And so I took the bus to Jhansi and as usual took the window seat. Total distance to Jhansi is 98 Kms and takes around 2 hours to reach from Gwalior.

When it comes to RP, guess somethings can never go right. My bus broke down midway somewhere near the toll plaza and we were left in the middle of nowhere. Jhansi was around 30 mins from here and I was not at all in a mood to wait in the heat for another bus to come.



And then suddenly, GOD comes calling. A sardar ji riding his bike agreed to offer me a lift till the city of Jhansi and so off we went. The highway was pretty smooth with not much troubles and we reached Jhansi 5 in the evening.



I checked into a city hotel and ordered lots of chilled lime juice for myself.

BTW Pooja, I am much more closer to you now with just about 800Kms left for me to cover. Before I sleep, my i-pod sings, " Everything I do, I do it for you................". Does it remind you of the Hindi version which we developed. :) Good Night.

No comments: