Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 4

Today was supposed to be my longest day. I had to travel more than 300 Kms to reach a small town in Maharashtra called Lakhnadon. This would bring me much much more closer to you :).

I should have started the day earlier. However, since the past few days, I have just not been able to get up early even though I have always been one of those active ones. The moment I finally got up today at 8AM, I knew it would take me some great efforts to travel so much distance and that too in daylight. As before, I had been advised by locals not to travel much on the highway during nights.

I quickly got ready and boarded the bus by 10AM. It was a bit cloudy and I was expecting a bit of rain. It would have helped cool off the journey as well even if by little. We were soon speeding on the highway NH-26. I was looking out of the window. I was blank. No emotions, none at all. I guess I was just overwhelmed with the feeling of seeing her soon now. Yes, I was inching my way closer to her and by midnight today, I would be just around 600 kms away from her. Thankfully, nothing dramatic happened on the way and by late evening, I managed to reach Lakhnadon.

Dear Pooja:
Knowing you has been the most eventful and the best journey of my life till date. And also one journey of which I probably cherish each and every moment. Log aksar kehte hain mujhse, " I am crazy". I only have one thing to tell them, " THIS IS WORTH IT".

Before I sleep, my i-pod tells me, I can be a HERO too. Enrique just sings along, " I can be your hero baby, I can kiss away the pain, I can stand by you forever.....". Good Night.

No comments: