Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A day which could very well have been a usual day at office turned out to be quite an eventful day.
I spent most of first half of the day designing a business concept as a way ahead for AlfaTech Services(which is my dad's company dealing in environmental instrumentation). I had suggested three business ideas with an aim to grow the company beyond the instrumentation line and move towards consulting. After giving a serious thought to the document which I had prepared with full enthusiasm, my dad liked two of the ideas which were essentially less cost intensive yet easily scalable models. I will tell you about these ideas at a later date when these are approved by other people in the company and some initial work starts on these ideas. Dad coming forward and accepting the ideas positively certainly made my day. Ever since I have some, I have been discussing a lot of ideas with my friend Ankur ( my dad's partner's son and an old friend of mine), trying to think of ways to increase the business. Though my ideas do not acceptance with a very hard to convince Ankur, but we did decide on our common goal, which is to grow our company by at least 10 times by 2015. I know the figure is too crazy to be realistic, but I have always believed that your goals and dreams need to be as crazy as possible, so that no one believes they can be true. Trust me, the real fun and satisfaction is turning such crazy dreams into reality. We are on our way and we do have the confidence that we can certainly crack it.
And now Gaurav has just come in and he for sure wont let me work more on this blog any more
So good night for today as the song " teri ore, teri ore hai rabba" has just started playing.

No comments: