Friday, October 10, 2008

Just an idea....

A day of mixed emotions. May be this is the start I was looking for or may be this is the worst thing that I have thought of. I don't know yet because today was just a start though in a positive direction with more of people at office coming forward to accepting my ideas. Now, only Verma uncle is left who needs to accept and get convinced that this could be the way ahead for AlfaTech Services. 

Since, we are in the environmental field, my concept is to develop an environment education module for kids, which could be a relevant extension of what we are doing though in a totally different direction. As of now we have been a hardcore technical/instrumentation company and to venture in the field of education would require some serious thought within the company.

So, often we see  people all around misusing the resources, or indulging in activities that could be very hazardous to our environment. Some very common examples are littering on the roads, wastage of water, wastage of fuel, improper use of transport etc etc. And if we actually look at it, most of these people are well educated and are very much aware of the harmful effects of their activities. Yet no one bothers to care primarily because the tendency among we Indians is that since no one cares, why should we care. Since, I have been in the field of environment, I now know that so many people, so much research is being conducted all across India with an aim to protect our environment today so that we can have a better tomorrow. But common people are obviously unaware of it and therefore continue to show " I don't care" attitude to the most serious challenge which the mankind is facing today. 

I know it is difficult to change most of these people, however I do believe that the kids studying in schools can be the change agents to understand what needs to be done so that we all have a better tomorrow. What we learn in school, we carry with ourselves throughout our lives and this is the right age for these kids to learn and then implement through their lifetime. Hence, there is a strong need to make these kids learn, understand and appreciate the fact that this is their earth, this is their environment and therefore it is their responsibility to take care of it. With this theme in mind, I intend to design a learning module and reach out to all the students all over India and spread the message of environment protection. And of course it is a very noble cause as through this program, we can influence not only an individual but an entire nation as well.

There are a few more things which I need to clarify before I can begin working on developing this concept further. Hopefully by the end of next week, i should be able to resolve my doubts and then take a call whether to go ahead with this plan. Though the business proposition looks extremely strong, but I can cement that only by the end of next week.

Otherwise it was the usual day at office. Ankur was also not there, so no one to tease around and also no one to tease me as well. Come back soon buddy, am already missing you :).

btw, I have yet not been able to enroll myself for the guitar classes, hopefully second saturday being a holiday, I should be able to do that by tomorrow. 

And a very wonderful song is now beginning to play in the background, " kahin to hogi wo, duniya jahan tu mere saath hai, jahan main jahan tu aur jahan bas tere mere jazbaat hain" from the movie jaane tu ya jaane na.
Enjoy the song, good night

No comments: